Semeru: Second Chance (Part 1)

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Sunrise at Ranu Kumbolo
I was looking for my lecturer to as for permission that I wouldn't be able to join his class. There was important final presentation at that day. Everything's mixed up. My feeling of scared leaving this presentation, on the other hand I couldn't wait to climb land of God, Semeru. Finally I encouraged myself to tell my lecturer. His answer was just simple, " You wouldn't get higher than C if you joined next week presentation.I
have ensured myself, my heart, I chose Semeru, coming back to accomplish my unfinished mission, to stand on the highest land in Java.

I was late ! Started from dormitory at 11.30 then directly used angkot to Cikarang bus station. I waited for the bus but what the hell it didn't show up. Finally 12 p.m. it started going from the station, but you know lahh, Indonesia bus, they still trying ti find passengers. 1 p.m.still at Cibitung. My train took off at 2.05 p.m. I got panic ! I saw a taxi before the bus entering the highway. I asked the driver to drive in high speed. But again, Jakarta was fakin traffic, 1.50 p.m. arrived at Cawang and took ojek. My friend kept calling me and I just said "Can you ask the train officer to wait and don't leave until I come?" stupid me and horray ! I reached Senen Station and the train had left 10 minutes ago. Oh mann, I tried to find another ticket but it's all sold out. I started to think why I chose long weekend. Luckily, I met some guys who were late and also left by the train, same fate as me. We went to Rawamangun Bus Station, and got Pahala Kencana Bus at 5.30 p.m., 250k..huff..still need efforts to go for Semeru.

Taking a bus was comfortable but wasting both time and money. Salute to one of my friend who're willing to spend his money using a plane ! Give a big applause to him. I teased him, "Man, you can go to Rinjani with this amount of money you spent, haha." I arrived in Malang at 4 p.m. I waited my friends who arrived earlier to fetch me. Quick flashback, I actually registered me and my friends to a mass-climbing by Avtech, with 200k, everything's included. Jeep from Tumpang-Ranu Pane (return), breakfast, T-shirt, rain cover, certificate. From the beginning, I targeted only the cheap facilities we got. The rest, I don't really care. In fact, the committee couldn't manage everything until complaints and conflicts arise, check it out after this !

I was a bit upset when the committee opened the re-registration at Tumpang earlier than the date decided and posted before. It should be opened on 15 Dec 7 a.m. but they already opened the registration on 14 Dec on evening. Their reason was many participants had come so they let some participants went first so on the next day it's less crowded. It was unfair where the rules are the participants were grouped in several groups, some groups would go first, and the rest would have limitation in time to climb. Finally, we re-registered but we didn't follow them. We were supposed to wait for other groups to depart but we got into the truck to depart faster. Until Ranu Pane, we climbed by ourselves. Can you imagine the total participants of this mass climbing was 1697 people??? It's totally INSANE !!!! There should be limitation.It impacted to other hikers who were not avtech participants. TNBTS made an announcement which prohibited the climbers to climb Semeru because of ovlerload capacity. Protest from many parties couldn't be avoided. But then the announcement was pulled back. I believe there are a lot of sneers towards Avtech. I hope Avtech learned from what had happened.

Here's my team (me myslef, Ko Anton, Vivi, and Iky (the one using plane))We acted poker face at that time haha. If some people asked about us, we would say that we were non-avtech. I don't know why Semeru is a boring mountain for me. The long sloping track makes me feel sleepy and bored. The unusual thing, that seldom happened when I did hiking was, our bags were damn heavy ! It's all Ko Anton's fault, buying too much food ! OMG ! We turned into piggies. It's raining but not very big, I used my lovely umbrella along our way =)) Everything was executed well, based on our plan. But Ko Anton's injured plus heavy bags plus queuing made the schedule plus one hour. First night camping at Ranu Kumbolo, the one I missed on the last hiking in Semeru and I really regret it. Avtech participants built their camp on the first side when we got down to the lake, but we chose to camp on the other side, facing the hills. It was a fun night ! Cooked so many food, playing card, loser had to massage the winner. Stupid Ko Anton farting in the tent and it's sooo smelly.


Beautiful lake

It's no way you get bored fishing in this lake

Look at how many tents built here, not to mention the other side



16th November

Continued to Tanjakan Cinta. and down to Oro Oro Ombo. Ko Anton's condition getting worse plus the steep track which drained our stamina. But finally after 4 hours trekking we arrived at Kalimati. We found a lil bit difficulties to build our tent. I once asked a person and this guy was completely mad at avtech I think. There was such a police line written avtech, so I assumed this land was exclusive for Avtech. I asked this guy, "Where can we build our tent, any space?" This guy answered, " You can build it over there" the area with Avtech line. then I asked "Can we? Isn't it for avtech only?" He raised his voice, "This is not Avtech's land, it's belong to no one, everyone can camp wherever they want!" Eww, this guy dislike Avtech..There's a water spring called Sumber Mani in Kalimati. Usually people will refill water in this place. But when I went to this place, with distance around 1 km, I saw people queuing up to get the water. I took around an hour just to get the water, oh Godd...We're having summit attack around 12 p.m. There were some people who already started the attack around 9 p.m. wow they really into it. But then, someone's shouting. DILARANG PUNCAK !!! SUMMIT ATTACK IS PROHIBITED ! ALL THOSE GUY WHO HAD GONE BEFORE WERE GOING TO BE CALLED BACK !! AGAIN NO ONE CAN GO TO SUMMIT. COMMITTEE  AND RANGER WILL STOP YOU !! AND IF YOU VIOLATED THE RULES, THERE WILL BE SANCTIONS IMPOSED"


to be continuee......


Hiked in 13-18 November 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016. Amazing Indonesia.
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah. & Distributed by Free Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License